Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday's Toy (Puzzle Form board Kit)

Sundays toy is the Puzzle Form Board Kit made by the American Printing House for the Blind
It is a sensory puzzle for younger children who are learning their shapes and colors. Though it is made for the blind it is perfect for other kids as well. Especially those children needing sensory input.
It has these black pieces with a shape in the middle for a puzzle piece.
Each puzzle piece has a textured top. There are 3 levels, with the first being the simplest where you just place the shape in the opening.
Next there are two pieces to place in each shape opening
The last level has 3-4 pieces for each shape
This set was given to us but Junior is too old for it. It is new but has been on the shelf awhile so the bags look a bit dusty. It is up for grabs so leave me a comment if you would like it. I will draw a name at the end of the week from those interested.



Also the person who wanted the braille clock and other items please email me with your address information(hjoythom@yahoo.com). The comment was left anonymously so I have no way to contact you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I would love to have these puzzles for my class of students with multiple disabilities. Some of my students have vision disabilities and others have sensory and physical disabilities.
    Thanks!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and LOVE all the adaptations you've come up with. Our son has multiple disabilites including cortical visual impairment. I would love to try these puzzles out with him.

    Thanks
    Laura
    https://www.carepages.com/carepages/codygarrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just found your blog through a link from another blog I follow. My son Joey will be six in April and was born with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. He has many sensory issues and is always looking for input and ways to deal with things he is unable to process. He loves puzzles and different textures. I think this would be wonderful for him. Junior looks like an awesome kid - I am heading over to his blog now. Nice to meet you!

    P.S. If you would like, you can meet Joey at our blog - www.joeyswalk.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete