A busy week again which means I am not getting to post as often as I had planned.
Today I thought I would share a few of our favorite links/sites. Each of these are actually listed on the sidebar but I wanted to highlight each one here so you would know what they were all about.
The first one is Angels 2 the Heart, this is an amazing program that sends "angel" mail to chronically ill children and adults. I could never express how blessed we have been by this program. Even when Junior has been ill his face lights up when he gets his angel mail, they have given him something to look forward to even during some very stressful hospital stays. Be sure to check out their site to learn more about this program.
The next one is Songs of Love, this group writes songs for children with chronic/life threatening illnesses. Instead of trying to describe this wonderful program I will share the song they wrote for Junior a few years ago(I made the clip soon after Junior received his song so the pics are several years old).
Another amazing group is Quilts for Kids. They make quilts for children with life threatening illnesses. Junior's quilt has made many trips with him to the hospital and provided comfort during difficult times. These are some truly wonderful people, we have requested quilts for several children over the years and they are so happy to send out just the perfect quilt for each child.
The last link I will share in this post is for Challenged America. They provide small grants to purchase recreation/mobility items for the disabled. A few years ago they funded a full support swing for Junior which was such an awesome gift. Junior loves to swing but our area has no parks with swings(or anything else) for those with disabilities(his health also makes it hard for him to get out to parks).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh cool! I am anxious to investigate the last one- grant fund. We could use that!
ReplyDelete