Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Links

Here are several links for educational activities, games, symbol stories, books, art projects and more.
Several of these links came from Ellen at To the Max, be sure to go visit her blog, she is currently having a giveaway.
Some of these links I have explored and even tried out with Junior but some I have only had a chance to take a quick glance at.

Story Line Online This site has many stories for your child to listen to. They are read by people like James Earl Jones, Tia & Tamara Mowry, Mellisa Gilbert, and Amanda Bynes to name just a few.

OT Plan This site has lots of occupational therapy activities. You can even choose the supplies you have on hand and they will show a activity using those items. This is one I will be visiting often.

Tar Heel Reader You can find many, many stories at this site for all ages, and skill levels. I have not had a chance to explore this site but it says it can be accessed by touch screen, intellikeys, switches, and more.

Jumpstart games and educational activities, it is free for basic use but also has a membership program.

Jacob's Lessons This site was created for use with autistic children, it is made to be used with both the parent and child.

Do 2 Learn activities and resources for special needs

Symbol World I have only had a chance to check out the Learning link on this site. It has lots of stories and educational material, all with symbols.

One Switch This site has a listing for free switch accessible game downloads. I have not checked any of these out yet.

Ipod, Iphone, & Ipad apps for special education This site has a huge listing of special ed apps for the itouch products. Junior's teacher and I spent quite a while yesterday looking through some of them and many are free or low cost. Junior absolutely loved the Vocal Zoo app(animal pics with the sounds they make), Doodle buddy, and Doodle Kids(these two are art apps and one has silly sounds as well), each of those were free.

I would love to hear what your favorite links are for your child.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great list! I hope you've had a chance to check out Tar Heel Reader since you posted it, because it's a great site. Maybe Junior could write a book with you to post...a collection of his wonderful artwork, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete