Now Junior likes to skateboard a little differently. We took a regular skateboard(make sure it is not the wide kind), folded a blanket on top of it and covered it with a small sheet. I then duct taped the bottom to keep everything in place. I lay him over it on his tummy and use a couple velcro straps from another piece of equipment to hold him in place. This is a fantastic way for him to do some weight bearing on his arms and shoulders as well as legs(he is in a partial crawl position, and you could add another blanket for more height with a larger child).
As you can see he loves this and I use a couple of the giant floor puzzle pieces to give him a firmer surface then the carpet. He likes to just hang out and push himself up on the skateboard but I also like to help him move his arms and legs to actually move the board.


With spring here our weather has been gorgeous and we are trying to get outside and enjoy it. I am not getting to post as often as I would like but just haven't had the time. I am so very thankful to have Junior so much healthier this year and we are making the most of every moment. I will try to at least get a post or two up each week.


Enjoy the nice weather! We're snowed in today! Spring in Colorado is always exciting!
ReplyDeleteMax is enjoying his mylar space blanket today...thanks so much for the idea! We've been looking for a skateboard to fix up too! You've got such wonderful ideas!
That is so much fun! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWOW, Heidi that is great! He looks like he is having a BLAST! I am thrilled that he is doing well and you are all enjoying spring!
ReplyDeleteHOLA JUNIORS
ReplyDeleteESTAS EN ESA REFELIZ patineta.
TU MAMA ES UNA GENIA.
MANDAME TU EMAIL PARA mandarte FOTOS.
TE MANDO UN BESO ENORME
GRACIELA
great idea...we have connecting scooters that I am going to try that with.
ReplyDeleteLove his smile!
Love those pictures. :)
ReplyDeleteWow. looks like he is really happy. great job. can i share this on my blog? here is it: https://www.skatereview.com/
ReplyDelete