He thinks it is great, no tight socks but his feet stay nice and warm.
I used a half yard of fleece.
Folded it in half and put a seam along both sides. This is actually the inside of the pocket.
Now flip it inside out so that the seams are hidden. Then place a seam directly down the center, starting about 3 inches from the top. This is optional. I like the seam down the middle so Junior's legs can't rub against each other because he wears a brace on one leg while he sleeps.
In the picture the top part is folded down so you can see where I stopped the center seams.
Now fold down the top(fold it to the inside) and seam at the very bottom of the fold so you have a space(tunnel) for the draw string. Fleece is great, you can just fold it down and put in the seam you don't have to worry about putting in a real hem(I am not a seamstress in the least so I am sure I am not using the correct terms here).
I then put a few stitches right at the very edge of the top above the center seam(just don't close up the space where you are going to put the draw string).
Cut two tiny holes next to each other(maybe 1/4 inch apart) to thread your draw string.

Junior's matching blanket and foot pocket.


The first one I made I didn't put in a draw string and it was quite a bit shorter. It works okay but Junior tends to slide it off easily.
When it is really cold we put the foot pocket over Junior's legs(shoes and all) while we are out. We have several now and a blanket to match so he can look "cool" while out and about in his chair.


That's cool! We made Faith homemade taggie blankets when she was little. Much cheaper than those expensive things.
ReplyDelete