Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines Rocket

So sorry that todays regular game post didn't happen. We had an unplanned doctors appointment come up that threw our day totally off.

Instead I will share the Valentines craft that we did this evening. Just like most boys his age Junior loves vehicles whether they are cars, trucks, or airplanes, and rockets. Today we decided we would make a Valentines rocket. This is not as super simple as most of crafts we do but I had all the cut outs done ahead of time and Junior thought it was wonderful. The cardboard tube from a paper towel roll, tinfoil, construction paper(I cut out a bunch of hearts and a big circle before we started), some glue, and string did the trick.

First we wrapped the cardboard roll in tin foil and taped it in place, we even got in a little sensory fun here since Junior loved crinkling the tinfoil.
Cut a large circle out of construction paper and make a slit from one side to the center. Roll it in, overlapping the cut edges and tape it so it stays in place. Then put a little glue around the top of your tube, I also put a little tape so we didn't have to wait on the glue to dry.
Add some glue and hearts to the tube(I ended up using a bunch of little foam hearts I had on hand because it was easiest, stickers would also work, or you could cut out construction paper hearts).
While that is drying, tape several small hearts to a string. Put a little glue and glitter on the other side and tape the string into the bottom of your tube.

So very proud of his rocket

No comments:

Post a Comment