Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentines Art

I know it isn't Friday but I thought I would share a valentines art project Junior did this week. I will share a few others on Friday as well since we are getting so close to Valentines.

Sign Language card

I started by tracing Junior's hand and cutting out the print
I also cut out a large and small heart before we started.

Then we placed a sheet of white paper in a shallow tub and put a few dots of red paint around the edges.
Add some marbles then grab the edges of the tub and have fun rolling them all around on the paper.
Glue the hand print to the large heart then glue the small heart in the palm of the hand. Bend down the two middle fingers so the hand is signing I love you and glue them in place. Write I love you on the heart in the palm. Glue the large heart to your red painted paper. Add some heart(or other stickers) if you want. Junior thinks everything is better with stickers.

Here are a few of the valentines projects Junior did last year. Nothing fancy but he had a lot of fun.
Another version of his Sign Language card
Heart wreathe
Cut the center out of a paper plate then glue hearts around edges. Add some glitter and you have a cute heart wreathe. Or Junior thought it was much more fun as a heart hat.
Heart Garden.
Using a heart shaped sponge put heart prints on a paper. Color a few stems on the bottom then add a few cutout hearts after first taping/gluing a piece of paper to the back folded accordion style so you have 3D hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Those cards are great! Last year for Faith's birthday, we did a sign language themed party. We got that foam board and traced her hands and made them into letters of the alphabet, I love you signs and other simple words. We decorated the table with them and people had fun making words and sentances with them. Still have them in the closet for when she starts school!

    ReplyDelete