Friday, January 8, 2010

Sensory Painting

I thought I would post an art project once a week and Friday is the perfect day for it.
I will start with one of Junior's absolute favorite painting activities. Nothing fancy or exciting but lots of fun.
We just call it sensory painting for lack of a better term. All you need is some paper, paints, and a shallow tub.
You also need a bunch of various textured balls(a trip to the dollar store gave us lots of neat ones). Junior's favorite balls are the ones in the very front of the picture that have little spiders all over them.
Add in one happy kid and you are ready to paint.
Put the paper into the tub then put a few dots of paint around the edges and start dropping the balls into the tub. Sometimes we do one type ball at a time and other times Junior likes to put in a bunch at once. Then rock the tub around in all directions and you will get some very cool patterns. For a little extra sensory fun and a huge mess help your child use their hands to roll the balls around in the paint.

One of Junior's sensory paintings, he loves to add stickers once the paint is dry.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that SMILE of his. I'm LAUGHING out loud he's so cute. :) Great idea. The spider balls would be my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Junior liked this very much do you?? hahaahahahahhaaa LOVE that boy's smile! :D

    ReplyDelete