This is obviously not an adapted item but it is something we use all the time. I hated trying to get long sleeved shirts on Junior and he gets hot so easily. About a year ago I decided to order a pair of baby legs just to see if they possibly would fit Junior's arms. They are perfect and you would never know he doesn't have a long sleeve shirt on.
Here are a few pair of his babylegs. The flames and striped pair are the "super soft" type and are longer, a little more stretchy, and warmer then the regular ones. Junior is 11 and the regular style will probably fit him for a couple more years, the super soft will fit for several more years(they would fit me).


Junior in a pair of his "sleeves"(he never wears long sleeved shirts anymore so any pics you see of him from this winter, he is in his "sleeves".
Here are a couple websites for the "sleeves"Knotty Baby Wear
Baby Legs
I did see a few pairs at Target but the selection was very poor and the one in our area only had the infant size.


Heidi - we have some of those Baby Legs (even the flames one) that I've used for Brennan when he was younger, to keep his legs warm when he first began school. Of course now his thighs are way too fat for them. lol But what a great idea to now use them as sleeves! I knew I could use them for something down the road. I was also thinking that maybe I could use them as covers for his wheelchair arms and also to cover his Hesinger head support.
ReplyDeleteRenee and Brennan
Heidi - we have some of those Baby Legs (even those cool flame ones) that Brennan used to wear when he first began going to school, but now his thighs are way too fat for them. LoL But what a great idea to use them as sleeves! I knew I would be able to use them for something down the road. I've thought about using them as a cover for his wheelchair arms and also for his Hesinger neck support. Thanks for the sleeves idea! <3 Renee and Brennan
ReplyDeleteOMG, We love these but there is a girl who has a blog that shows how to make them yourself. I have made about 5 pairs, myself, and it's so cool b/c you can choose your own colors. I have a link to her blog on my blog, in the "my favorite blogs" list. It costs about a dollar or two to do them, if you have a sewing machine it takes about 10 minutes. WE LOVE THEM!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to make dressing easier! This is my first time reading your blog and I love it. Great ideas to share with parents and therapists. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say what an awesome blog you have. This is the first time that I have read it and I'm going to be using pretty much all of your ideas with my own daughter. Thanks so much and keep the ideas coming.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! I passed it along to the Rett Syndrome group I am a part of. The "baby legs" on the arms is a great idea. I had never thought of that. I was going to mention that you can make them, but I see Candace already did that. I have thought about using them over my daughter's afo's when she is wearing dresses/skirts just to cover them up a bit.
ReplyDelete