With these blankets being so warm we use them a lot during the winter if we have to be out. The small size work great for covering Junior while in his wheel chair. His legs get cold easily.
For the small size blanket I use 1 yard of patterned fleece and 1 yard of a plain color.
lay the two pieces on top of each other. Trim the edges to even them out and remove the salvage if needed.
Cut a 4 inch square out of each corner
Then cut slits along the outside for the entire blanket. They should be 4 inches just like the corners.
Tie a knot in the two pieces of each slit and thats all it takes.
These small ones can be done in an hour or less. We also like to make the 2 yard size. Now that these two blankets are made they need a home.
Leave a comment and let me know which one you like the most. I will draw a winner for each blanket on Wednesday(Feb. 3rd) . follow our blog and get a second chance to win.


If I am the only one who post do I get it lol
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the bottom one! Pink and and black - perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am a follower. And I used to make these blankets for my grandmother when she lived in a nursing home! :)
ReplyDeleteI my self like the pink one,but if it was for Christopher he would like the blue one!!! But I am hopeing for the pink one!!!I will have to try and make onr too!!!Have a blessed day!!!Norma and Christopher Mann
ReplyDeleteI like them both. Thanks for all your great ideas. I have a son with SMA type I, so with his very limited mobility I am always looking for new ideas.
ReplyDeleteDeb
ardenpostma@aol.com
I want to thank you for your blog! I am a teacher of students with special needs and I am always looking for ideas.
ReplyDeleteAmy
amyhubb@swbell.net
Hey
ReplyDeleteI don't need the blanket but was wondering what kind of fabric you used? It looks like flannel, or maybe fleece.
YAY finally I will be able to try and make some for the kids. Great job Heidi on the site you are doing a wonderful job. Those blankies are precious!! Love the pink and black colors.. too perfect :D And of course we are followers ;)
ReplyDeleteoh thanks for all the instructions...I love the space one, the colors are awesome. I really should make my son some of these he LOVES blankets and likes to sleep with about 5 of them at a time.
ReplyDelete