Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Many Uses for Pool Noodles

We use pool noodles for so many things. They are great for positioning, the giant noodles are best but we can't always find them.
When Junior was little and his car seat was too big we cut a pool noodle to the needed size then sewed little covers for each piece and used them to help keep him in the right position(next to his hips, along the sides of his trunk).
Junior has never liked ball pits so we instead filled one of those small inflatable pools with pieces of pool noodles, he loved it.
Need some help with those motor skills? Cut the handles off a jump rope, knot one end and wrap the other with a piece of tape so it is stiff. Cut slices of pool noodle(about 2 inch slices, and be sure to get the pool noodles with the hole in the middle) and now you have a giant bead stringing activity.
With many of the PVC items I make I use the pool noodles to pad them. They have a hole in the center and fit perfectly around the pvc.

I am sure I have not remembered all the ways we have used pool noodles over the years but these are a few.

What do you use pool noodles for?

No comments:

Post a Comment