Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Can't Live Without" - Junior's Turn - part 1

I have been sharing our "can't live with out" medical and mobility equipment along with many other things that make life easier on a daily basis.
Today I decided to post about the items that Junior would consider "can't live without".  I chatted with him about his favorite things/activities and what makes those activities possible.  So its Junior's turn to share his "can't live without" things.  Here are the first few and I will do another post later this week with more. 
Many of these I have already done posts on so I will link to those posts.

At the top of Junior's list would have to be his bike.  He loves going out for bike rides just like the other kids do.  Click here for a post all about his bike. 


Next on the list for my game loving boy is his game spinner.  It allows him to play board games right along with us and we also use it for other activities.
Here are a couple pics of him using his head switch to take his turn during games.
This is an older pic but it shows him playing his very favorite adapted board game. Click here for the post about the game and how we adapted it.

 Junior loves art so third on his list are the paint brush that attaches to his head as well as the straps we use to hold markers in his hands.
Click here for more about his "no hands painting".
  Coloring straps, click here for the post about them

Okay I got ahead of myself because I completely overlooked Junior's top item on the list(strange how I have managed to overlook the items we use the most).  The bike actually comes in second to this item which has changed his life and opened his world.  That would be his ipad with the Proloquo2go app.  It has given him a voice and shown us what a smart guy he is.  (Junior uses the ipad with eye gaze so looks at his choice on the screen and his "helper" touches the screen for him).  Feel free to visit his ipad blog to learn more about his ipad journey.  I don't update it as often as I should but it will show you how he uses his ipad and how it has opened his world.   
Here are a few pics of his ipad in action.  First telling me he wants to go home while at a doctors visit. 
Answering a question during a school activity.
  
Telling me where he hurts

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool heidi!!!
    it got me curious....do you think junior has learned letters....or how to read? or is it more the pictures that help him?
    i know we can't know for sure...but it got me thinking!!!!
    love it! anne w.

    ReplyDelete