I do not have a soldering iron or the other parts needed at the moment so had to do a little variation on things(used electrical tape and cut the disk off the end of a battery interrupter). This post is just to show another "big kid" adaptable toy and once I have a soldering iron I will do a step by step on how I adapted this. I still can't believe I took a brand new toy and took it apart, and it actually still works(electrician I am not). This is what his light saber looked like as I worked on it.
Once I had it done and had tested it multiple times with the switch I put the light saber back together.
I took a long piece of elastic and added velcro to each end so each end had a loop. I then attached it to Junior's lift and used that to hang the light saber up so Junior could see it. It also allows the light saber to move which Junior thought was extremely cool. This is going under the Christmas tree but I couldn't help but let him test it out first.
A short video of it in action. It makes the buzzing sound like in the movies as well as lighting up and making the crashing battle sound(not sure if you can hear it in the video).
I have the most awesome parents, they are getting me a soldering iron for Christmas so I will soon be able to redo this toy and will share all about it. Now that I learned how I can't wait to try adapting more of the more difficult toys. If you can't tell I totally love doing stuff like this, especially when Junior's face lights up when he tries it out.



No comments:
Post a Comment