Since Junior needs to be in his AFOs as often as possible I really needed something that he could wear over them when we go out(his feet get cold).
I decided to see if I could find slippers that might work and found these . There was no way his AFOs were going to be able to slide into the slippers in the normal fashion so I did a little adapting.
One of his AFOs and one of the slippers. This one had already been cut up the back which is why the top looks so wide.
I cut all the way down the back of the slipper/boot and then did a zig zag stitch along each side where I had cut.
I then sewed a small piece of velcro to a strip of elastic and sewed the elastic to the back of the boot. Now he can look like he is wearing shoes and keep his feet warm while we are out. Junior thinks his "boots" are very cool.



Hummmm....gonna have to show theese to my mom to see if she'll make a pair for me. Thanks Junior and Heidi :-) Love, - Trevor
ReplyDelete