Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Candy Land

I have shared many of Junior's adapted board games but realized I had not shared Candy Land. I guess since Junior thinks he is too big to play it I hadn't thought of sharing it.

As with many of our other board games we started with a switch adapted spinner. I put a piece of velcro on the back of several Cany Land Cards and placed them on the spinner.
Then add a few strips of velcro to the back of the game board so it can hang on the game easel(if your child needs it up in front of them)
On the front of the game board I added a tiny piece of velcro on the edge of each square so the playing piece can attach to the board.
Add one very competitive kid and you are ready to play
The above pics are from about 3-4 years ago

Another version of Candy Land that Junior seems to think is the big kid version, is the floor rug game. Junior thinks it is okay to still play this version.

This version of Candy Land come with a giant rug which is the board.
We lay the rug out on the floor and then place Junior on his tummy over his wedge.
The same game spinner overlay as we used for the regular Candy Land game can be used.
For this version Junior either uses a head switch or a hand switch(with a little help, that is what is shown in the pics). This is a great way for Junior to get some weight bearing and stretching on his arms and not even realize it.

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved candy land . it's one of my favorite games . And the way you have adapted it is super.
    I have a question though . how do you get the candy land people to the right square and stay there ?

    ReplyDelete