Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall is Here, Craft - Pizza Box Painting

This was a craft we did last fall though it isn't really a fall craft. My sister had brought over pizza and after it was gone I noticed there wasn't any grease in the bottom(inside the box) and was trying to figure out what we could do with the box. First I let Junior feel the bumpy bottom of the box then we decided to see what kind of pattern it would leave if coated with paint. We are always looking for new sensory activities.

For this project you just need an empty pizza box(I cut the top and sides off the box), paint, and paper. A paint brush is optional.

We drizzled paint in different patterns over the inside of the bottom of the box. You could use a brush but Junior wanted to use his fingers to play in the paint.
We then laid a piece of paper over the paint and pressed down.
Then before we hung up the painting we placed some pieces of construction paper behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment