Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall is Here, Craft - wreath

A fall leaf wreath which we have made different versions of the past couple years.

You will need a paper plate, several leaf shapes(cut out), paints or markers/crayons, sponge/paint brush, shallow tub, bouncy balls, glue or double sided tape, glitter(optional).

Here is the version of this wreath we made last year. We colored the leaves black and orange. Cut the center out of a paper plate and colored/painted it brown, then glue the leaves to the plate.
Junior wanted to paint this years version so we started by painting a paper plate green.
While the plate was drying we placed the leaf shapes in a shallow tub and dropped in some bouncy balls and mini koosh balls dipped in paint. Rolled the balls around to created patterns on the leaves and then let them dry.

You can either cut the center out of the plate or put some decoration in the center of the plate. Junior wanted this foam pumpkin in the middle with the first letter of his name on it.
We then taped(I used double sided tape so we didn't have to wait on it to dry) the leaves to the sides and were all done. If we did this again I would add a few more leaves around the outside so there were no gaps.

1 comment:

  1. very nice, Sky and I were going to do something like that. but I have dries leafs that I want to tie together and the do color cut outs of his hands and weave them in with the leafs, (just havent got to do it yet)

    ReplyDelete