Today I finally got it adapted and all ready for our next game time.
I did a blog about our trouble game a couple years ago which you can click HERE to see but it does not show the adaption very well and we have made some changes also. If you go to the above post there is a link to a site that shows how to adapt an electronic dice(I purchased ours already adapted on Ebay), I have not done that myself but it may be helpful to someone else.
We started out with our Trouble Game and then removed the dice dome from the center.
This is a bit of a challenge and needs to be done carefully. I used a pair of scissors to puncture the top of the dome and break out a hunk of the plastic. Be careful, the plastic goes flying and can be sharp. I then used the scissors to crack the dome all the way to the base in two spots. This allowed me to then get the dome out of the game board.
The game board with the dice dome removed
Several years ago I found some large, switch adapted, electronic dice on Ebay. Thankfully I got 2 of them and now wish I had gotten several more. I have since been unable to find them, even unadapted I can't find these large electronic dice.
Here is the adapted dice which we have. You could also use the game spinner(which we use in most our games) and then leave the dice dome intact. Junior loves the sound and the lights on the electronic dice so it is a fun change from his typical game play with the spinner.
I place velcro where the dice dome was and then velcro on the base of the dice
Velcro is added to the back of the game board
Junior needs to game board to be up in front of him, at eye level, to play so we had to do something to prevent the pieces from falling. With this game putting velcro on the bottom doesn't work because each space on the board is an inset circle.
I put a small piece of tape(I used cloth medical tape but pretty much any tape would work) around the base of each piece. This makes each piece snug enough not to fall out of the board when the board is hanging but not so snug that it can't be easily moved during each turn.
The game hanging on the board with the electronic dice in place.


No comments:
Post a Comment