Junior is still not feeling well but last night after watching the water polo game we did an Olympic craft. This idea came from this blog where you can also find many more neat things to try.
Click the above link for instructions for this craft and I will also show the steps in pictures here.
We started out with 5 circles cut out of card stock (one for each of the olympic rings). A crayon for each color we need(I used these big colors so Junior can hold them easier and they also had darker colors). I printed out a picture of the Olympic rings so Junior could see them while we were doing the craft. I also cut a piece of poster board in half to put our artwork on.
I googled Olympic rings clip art and printed off one of the pictures
Color the edges of each of the circles which you previously cut out, be sure to make the color very dark and thick
Here are some of the circles with the edges colored
Place the circle on your paper and then rub the edge of the circle. Rub outward through the color so you are rubbing the color onto your paper. Hold the circle with one hand and rub with the other. Be sure to go all the way around the circle.
This is what it looks like when you finish rubbing around the circle and then remove it. We used a regular crayon for the black circle and you can see that it is not quite as dark as the other colors.
Junior's completed Olympic rings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment