Sunday, July 3, 2011

Junior's 4th of July Craft

Happy 4th of July everyone. Wow, I continue to be so very behind on here. At some point things will slow down and I can get back to regular posts. I also have an issue because our regular computer died so I am trying to do things on our "hospital" mini which is slow and not always cooperative. I just realized I have yet to post a bunch of our "insect" activities from our last school unit. They may get put on hold until our current unit is done. I am going to post what we are doing as we go this time. Our unit on camping/summer starts later this week so lookout for some posts sharing our fun. Thanks to those who shared some wonderful ideas.

I thought I would share the craft Junior did today for the 4th.
Before we started I had taken an empty hydrogen peroxide bottle and punctured a hole at 3 spots around the top(any kind of bottle would work). We then covered it with paper and painted it(we only did the paper because peroxide bottles are so dark that white paint wasn't covering it enough). We then poured in some beads so it stood up securely.
We added stickers and puff paint
Junior got upset that I was helping too much and stopped to tell me "I want to do it myself".
We then added these little flags(I picked this pack of 3 up in the Target dollar section) and it was all finished
Junior thought it was oh so very cool.

Happy 4th Of July !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment