Before Christmas I shared about the
light box I made for Junior. He loves it and so I thought I would do a part 2 and share him playing with it and some of the fun things we use with it. Also a few adjustments I have made/will be making.
I added a small edge around it to keep toys from rolling off as easily. I used the thin foam weather stripping and it is perfect because it keeps his toys from rolling easily off but also doesn't get in the way. I still want to come up with something that is several inches high and can be put on and taken off for when we have his hex bugs on top. I will definitely be putting velcro in the box to attach the light. It is a pain to have to stay close to a plug in any time he wants to play with the box. With velcro I can use battery operated lights when needed. I also want to add another light so it is more even(though Junior loves it like it is).
Looking at it on Christmas morning for the first time.

He got hex bugs and see through legos for Christmas and they are perfect for the lightbox.


Hex bugs in action on top of the light box
Water beads were a huge hit for Christmas. These are a wonderful sensory toy and perfect on his lightbox. We put them in a clear box before putting them on his lightbox.

In this pic and the one above the water beads are still sitting in water to finish growing.

The water beads after they finished growing and we strained the excess water off.

Playing with his cars on the lightbox

We are quickly finding that the skies the limit when it comes to finding uses for the light box. The only thing I still want to figure out is a way for him to use his markers on it. I tried using white board markers and window markers on a sheet of clear vinyl/plastic(the type used for window stickers) over the lightbox but the markers won't wipe off. I will look into getting a piece of plexiglass or some similar material to try. This way we could use it during his school work and I think it will help with his focus.
This is so great! It's fun to see pictures of Junior enjoying his fantastic new light box.
ReplyDeleteWould Vis-a-Vis pens wipe clean? Over time they leave residue, but usually it just takes a bit of detergent water to get it off.