I have heard water beads mentioned on several blogs so when Junior got some for Christmas we couldn't wait to try them out. They are a wonderful sensory item and Junior loves them. The ones he got are called Orbeez. I later hunted for water beads and found you could get them at a craft store or online for fairly cheap. The only problem I found is that you had to buy one color at a time meaning you would have a huge amount of one color.
You place them in water, leave them for a few hours and you are all set. Junior wanted to mix all the colors together but you could also keep them separate.

Using them on the light board. This was while they were still growing so you can see different sizes.

Once they have finished growing

Junior loves using his trucks to haul them around.




I am sure we will find many more ways to play with water beads.
Do you use water beads? What are your favorite activities with them?
Beware that these bounce and will jump right out of the tub. I highly recommend using something with an edge when playing.
I just realized that we are at 99 blog followers, thanks so much everyone. When we hit 100 Junior is going to give away some of our favorite ipad/ipod apps. I will let Junior choose his favorite educational and "just for fun" apps to share.
I'm going to look for those beads! I think Max would love to play with them too. And I think I put you at 100 members...I guess I never noticed it before. :)
ReplyDelete