Monday, October 3, 2011

Shower Chair

I thought I would share a few of our "can't live without" pieces of equipment.
Near the top of that list would be Junior's lift system which I posted about awhile back. Click here to check out that post.

Another piece of equipment that is very helpful and makes life easier is Junior's bath chair. We have the Columbia Elite Omni bath transfer chair. It is on wheels so I can move it to where Junior is and use his lift to put him on the chair.
He can then be rolled into the bathroom.
Our bathroom is tiny as you can see in the pics. The chair slides up next to the frame which straddles the side of the bath tub.

It then locks into place
press the lever on the chair and it slides across into the tub and locks onto the frame.
Unlock and move the wheeled base and you are all set.
This chair also comes with a toilet seat which is what we had for several years. As Junior got bigger it became a safety risk because it sat him too high and made the chair top heavy. We got the new full mesh, seat seen in the picture,s put on today.

I will be sharing a few more of our "can't live without" equipment items and also medical machines. I know these aren't adaptions but it lets others know what is available to them.
Do you have items you "can't live without" which you would like to share? We would love to hear about them, just drop me an email hjoythom@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

  1. We got our bath/shower chair a few months ago (thanks for the recommendation). I see your bathroom is set up pretty much like ours. I have pretty much just been lifting kennedy from her bed to the bath chair myself, but thinking I need to use her sling. Do you have one that you use just for baths? I was just wondering as I am trying to figure out how to not get hers all wet so we can use it after to lift her off her bed and put her in chair or somewhere else. I guess I should just get looking at what is available and order something.

    ReplyDelete