Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Craft

Junior loved the murals made from grapes when we visited the Grape Festival recently.
This pic is my sis and Junior(the pictures are all made from grapes, nuts, or grains grown in our area)
Today we decided to start fall off with a mural of our own. We used dried beans instead of grapes so it would last(lots cheaper also).
I drew a pumpkin on a piece of foam board(I am not and artist so don't look too close)
We painted glue on the part we were going to put beans on. Junior used garbonzo beans on the stem.
White beans for the pumpkin(we will later paint it orange),yellow/red split peas would have been perfect but I didn't have any.
Split peas around the bottom
Partly done, we will work on this all week

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Great work, Junior! :) I think he is ALWAYS smiling- such an inspiration to us all!
    ❤Teaching Happily Ever After❤
    ~Creative Teaching with a Technology Twist~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, love Junior's smile! For the paintbrush, have you ever tried pushing the paintbrush through a plastic golf ball (with holes) so Junior can hold the small round ball when painting? It might make it easier to hold the paintbrush.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete