After learning about worms we of course had to dig for some so we could go fishing.
Oreos make the perfect "dirt" so I crushed some and put them in a tub.
Then added some worms(gummy worms)
Am I supposed to look at the worm or take a bite?
Telling me "NO" when I asked if he wanted to taste a worm
asking for help because he wanted to keep digging for worms.
Back on this post I shared one of the ways we were going to use our fishing to work on reading.
Today Junior had a chance to try out "fishing for words".
We went to the boards on his ipad which have all the words we are working on. Then went fishing.
I caught a fish
What picture is on the back(or as I told Junior, what clue is on the back of the fish)
The look I get when I ask him to give me the answer again so I can get a picture(come on I already answered you)
The angle isn't great so the pics aren't clearly showing what he is looking at but if you are here with him it is easy to tell. In this one he is looking at the word make.
Today I was reminded to not underestimate Junior. I used some words on his fish that we have never worked on. The word that really floored me was when he caught the picture for "friend". I asked him to show me what word went with the clue and I could see him look at each word and then very clearly choose the word "friend". I was so excited and telling him how wonderful he did and poor kid just looked at me like "whats the big deal of course I know the word".


No comments:
Post a Comment