Tuesday, August 23, 2011

AFO Socks

We have struggled with finding appropriate socks for Junior's AFOs for years. A few months ago while at Shriners we were given a pair of AFO Socks. They are just right for under Junior's braces and are very reasonably priced. Ours have been washed several times and are holding up well. The larger pairs are also not getting too stretched out even though we fold them down over his AFOs. They come from Canada so it does take a few weeks to get them but we didn't mind.
Be aware that that the sizes run large. I first ordered the same size as the socks I buy at the store and they were too big(though still work fine if we fold them down over the top of Junior's braces). The ones in the picture below are a child's size 6-7 and fit Junior perfectly.

Junior is still recovering from his recent illness and struggling with asthma. I hope to get back to regular posting in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment