Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sweat Band Pulsox Probe Holder

I thought I would share this just in case anyone else has the same problem.  Junior is on seizure medication which causes his platelet levels to fluctuate and he bruises very, very easily.  Much of the time he wears sweat bands because his worst area for bruises is on his wrists.  He cannot move his hands so when he wants something he pushes with his arm and hits things with his wrist.  The sweat bands provide some protection.  Much of the time while at home he is attached to his pulsox(oxygen monitor). We cannot use tape to keep it in place and if we place the line under the sweat band it leaves a mark on his skin(he has super sensitive skin). 
To take care of this I attached a piece of velcro to the top of the wrist band to hold the pulsox cord in place.
A pair or Junior's sweat bands
 I stitched a oval shaped piece of velcro to the top of each sweat band.  Then stitched a second piece on top of it.  For the second piece I only stitched one end so it opens for the cord. 
 
  
Junior with the pulsox prove in place and being held with his sweat band.
   
I know many people only attach the probe to the finger but with Junior we have found that the probe gets easily knocked off and damaged that way(he loves to try to get it off). He only gets 4 of these probes each month so we have to make them last as long as possible. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you through the Liebster award nomination. I was also nominated. This was a good idea with the Velcro! Junior seems like a happy boy, and I am sure it's because he is well taken care of! :-)

    ~Tasha
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to double post, but I wanted you to know that I am now following your blog through Bloglovin!

    ~Tasha
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete