Thursday, July 25, 2013

Spider-Man Bubble Blower

Junior loves all things Spider-Man and also loves bubbles.  He has had a Buzz Lightyear adapted bubble blower for a few years but has decided he is too big to play with Buzz.
I found a Spider-Man bubble blower and though it is still a younger kid toy being Spider-Man means he thinks it is okay for him to play with.  Hey your never too old for bubbles and Spidey.

Things are a little crazy(lol, actually that would be a whole lot) here so I did not have time to switch adapt this from scratch and instead used a battery adapter I already had on hand(the yellow stick is Junior's head switch).
 This is the battery adapter and you can find them in most special needs catalogs.

Slide the disc between the end of the battery and the metal in the toy.

I then cut a small notch in the battery cover so the cord could slide through.


With this toy the handle has to be pressed to activate the bubble blower.  To allow the switch to work with the way I have it adapted with the ready made adapter you need to tape the handle down.  I used a piece of blue electric tape so it matches the blue on Spidey. 
 Spidey all ready for some bubble action. 
A short video of Spidey blowing bubbles from his web shooter. It is being activated using Junior's head switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment