Friday, July 5, 2013

3 D Flower Craft

A couple years ago I posted about the 3d flower craft Junior likes to do.  Last week we were doing this craft again so I thought I would do a post revisiting the craft since we changed it a bit. 
Typically we do it with just 3 layers but this time we had 5 and Junior really thinks it looks cool. 

This year we just did one giant flower.  We used markers, dot markers, crayons, glue, 2 sizes of coffee filters, 2 sizes of cup cake liners, 1 paper plate, and glitter. 

We started with a giant piece of construction paper and colored a stem and grass on it.  Usually we use green construction paper for the stem but I discovered we were out of green.  You could also use a green pipe cleaner.  

We then decorated each layer of flower petals.
  
We stuck with mainly markers this time but you could use paints, and various other things to decorate.

We then glued the paper plate on and followed with the other layers according to the size, largest first.
 The finished flower.  Junior loves glitter so we added glue and glitter to the very center of our flower. 
 I took this picture so it is easier to see the layers. 










No comments:

Post a Comment