Monday, November 14, 2011

Pool Noodle and Duct Tape to the Rescue

Junior has chronic low platelets because of his seizure medication.
Recently I noticed that his vest treatments are causing a great deal of bruising on his arms because he has learned to stiffen his arms and knock off the hoses.
This may be an idea that no one else can possibly use but thought I would share what we did to make his treatment bruise free.
I place a piece of pool noodle around each hose, duct taped it in place and then covered it in a fleece pocket. I wanted to use velcro to hold the fleece to the hose but the hose ridges made that impossible. Duct tape to the rescue again.
Junior getting a bruise free vest treatment(the blanket across the vest is to avoid bruises from the clasps that hold the vest in place. Junior's platelet levels flux up and down, while up none of this causes bruising but when down everything does)

No comments:

Post a Comment