The mouth cloths I make are super simple and take no time at all. Junior loves to pick out his own patterns. Here is the latest material he chose(I also just made some spiderman, military, and football cloths)
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Age Appropriate Mouth Cloths
Junior doesn't have trouble with drooling(unless he is on his tummy) but with all his coughing we need a mouth cloth nearby at all times. He is 13 so pulling out a baby cloth or bib is just not cool and Junior is very, very aware of what is "age appropriate". These mouth cloths get used for a lot of things. At therapy they go under his head so no germs can get on him from the equipment. They wrap around his suction catheter to keep it clean between uses. We also keep one over his pillow since he sweats a lot. Of course wiping his mouth after a cough is the main reason we use them.
The mouth cloths I make are super simple and take no time at all. Junior loves to pick out his own patterns. Here is the latest material he chose(I also just made some spiderman, military, and football cloths)
I just do a zig zag stitch around the edge and they are done. You can make whatever size works best. Ours are about the size of the top of a regular pillow.

These are a few of the patterns we have. These are several years old and I just finished making a bunch of replacements.
A few of the cloths in use

His new spiderman cloth
The football cloths(Junior was trying on the sleeves I had made from cutting the foot off of a long Christmas sock)
The mouth cloths I make are super simple and take no time at all. Junior loves to pick out his own patterns. Here is the latest material he chose(I also just made some spiderman, military, and football cloths)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Very cool Junior!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are the only ones I know of that have the same suction machine as us! Isn't it great? it is sooo light-weight!