Junior still wants to look cool and dress like other kids so we adapted his jeans to make them more comfortable. Feel free to go to the above link to see more about our adapted jeans.
This past weekend I was going through some boxes in my garage and came upon a bag of brand new blue jeans. I must have picked them up on sale to save for Junior but they are now far too small for him. Today Junior helped me adapt them so we could share with our bloggy friends(I am not a seamstress so please don't expect perfection).
I now have six pairs of adapted jeans to share. 1 pair is size 4, 4 are size 5, and one is size 6(the size 5 and 6 look pretty much the same).
If you have a child(these are boys jeans) in a wheel chair and would like a pair of our adapted jeans just leave a comment with your name and a way for me to reach you.
Junior was so excited to help me sew and be able to share with all of you.
I am going to have Junior draw 6 names early next week.Junior's two favorite pairs, I used to always use plain dark colors when adapting so it would be less noticeable. But you never see that part anyway and Junior loves to pick out the pattern(one of his pairs of jeans currently has a Very bright yellow waist on it with a hockey theme).



I was just thinking the other day I needed to find your tutorial on these jeans because Max is starting to outgrow his pants. Max is right now a size 6. I would love to do this with shorts too. I can never find shorts long enough for him that fit around his skinny belly!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. We rarely put Ethan in jeans because they cut into his little belly and are hard to pull over his diaper sometimes.
ReplyDeleteJust like Deana mentioned, Brayden's jeans are either too short or too big in the waist :( We try to buy the jeans with the inner adjustable waist, but those aren't always an option :)
ReplyDeleteBrayden would LOVE a pair of size 4 jeans to grow in to...especially made with love by you & Junior <3 Good luck with your drawing... pick the name with the big B :)
This is a great idea Holly. Please add Brennan's name for a chance to win one of Junior's cool jeans :) Contact us at: Reneemt@sbcglobal.net (or on FB) if his name gets drawn..Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI have a girl, but we know friends who we would give them to! :)
ReplyDeletePut Mary on the list and she will give the pair she wins to a boyfriend! :p
P.S. Brennan is skinny too. If his name is picked, size 5 or 6 should be alright though :)
ReplyDeletesoooo cool! :) Wish you had some littler ones :) Very neat mommy! :)
ReplyDelete