Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I-Pad Apps

I will postpone my planned posts for when my brain isn't completely fried. Our fabulous neuro is helping us work out the sleep issues Junior is having but for now we aren't getting much sleep at all.
So this week I thought I would share some of our favorite ipad apps. Junior's teacher's ipad test run ends today so Junior is so very sad to say goodbye to it. We aren't giving up though and are working to get it funded through the district as an educational & communication device.

These are for the most part cause and effect type apps. I put a star beside the ones that are favorites of Junior. Clicking the name should send you to the app, please let me know if any of the links don't work. Most of these are free or have free versions to try.

I-Beams Lite *

I-Love Fire Works *(this would have to be in Junior's top 10 favorites)

I-Glow Stick *(this is fun but does require the child to shake the ipad)

I-Horn *(very loud but who doesn't love playing with an air horn)

Sponge Bob Lite

Doodle Kids *(technically this might be considered an art app but Junior loves the multiple colors and shapes which you can draw with)

UP (you will need to get the right spot to start this one for your child but Junior really likes popping all the balloons)

Vocal Zoo *(another top ten for Junior)

ClickySticky *(This is technically an art app, it has a background and then you add stickers, many of the stickers move and make noise)

Fart Piano *(Junior's number 1 "just for fun" app, not sure what category it should go in)


I will be doing another post later this week with our favorite educational apps as well as a post with our favorite games and misc apps. There are so many apps out there, what are your childs favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Heidi, thank you SO MUCH for this list!!! The only app we have for Max right now is the magic piano by smule. http://www.smule.com/

    He will sit and play it forever if I let him...he loves it! I am going to be checking all of your suggestions out, and write up a post with video of Max using his with the magic piano.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Heidi! We are still waiting for Faith's to come in. We got the little SD card adapter today in the mail so we hope the pad will follow shortly. I am going to go nuts with all those cool apps you listed. Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi,
    I ran across your blog a while back (I think for an adapted bowling post?) and reminded of it by Deana, Max's Mom. Wow, you really have some great ideas! I love the feet painting and the toy bar! I also plan on writing a blog post about ipad apps for kids with special needs, so really appreciate your links! I work for the company that makes the EasyStand stander for kids...our blog is http://blog.easystand.com if you are not familiar with us! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete