Saturday, January 28, 2017

Junior's Bandana Bibs

There are many people that make bandana bibs and I have seen lots of very cute and functional ones.  Prior to Junior's trach something like this was not needed so I had never tried making them or using them with Junior.
Now that Junior is trached we deal with a lot of wetness around the trach and have struggled to find a way to keep his shirt dry and make sure his skin doesn't get irritated.  I looked at various patterns, ordered from a few people on etsy, and kept looking to find that one that would work just right for Junior.  Finally when nothing worked we tried making our own,  combining things we liked from several others.  The biggest change was adding a notch to the bandana where the trach sits.  Otherwise when the bandana wraps around to fasten it ends up folding a bit and going over the trach.  I also shortened up the ends that go around the neck and added an extra soaker layer.


 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment