Junior has a lot of medical equipment and of course each thing has a specific way it is used.
Using it all is second nature to me but what if someone else needs to help. If I were sick or had an injury that prevented me from doing everything myself. Also we have nurses a few hours a day and though I train them very carefully on each machine sometimes having the visual reminders would be very helpful.
A couple weeks ago I took pictures of his machines along with step by step pictures on how to set up and use the machines. I then edited the pictures and added arrows and words. I sent them off to walmart to be printed and enlarged and got them back late this past week.
I laminated each picture using contact paper and then made a "cover" page for each machine that had step by step directions for use.
Punched a hole in the corner of each card and added a ring. Now the booklets hang with each machine(so far there are eight booklets but I realized I need to add a few more) .
Here are some pictures showing the booklets. The cover page is followed by 2-9 pictures depending on which machine. The nebulizer book only needed 2 pictures but the ventilator book needed 9.
The front of one of the booklets(Junior was helping so Spider-man stickers were necessary).
The pictures inside the book, this is just showing one of the 3 pictures for the feeding pump.
The feeding pump booklet hanging just below his pump.
Junior's Trylogy ventilator with the booklet hanging with it.
The first of nine pictures included in this booklet.
The IPV booklet
The booklet you see in this picture is for the airway vest which is on the bottom shelf of the cart.
Here are a few examples of some of the pages in the various booklets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment