Life has been a little crazy and very busy lately. I haven't been able to find time to do any posts on this blog. I have several things I want to post about but not sure when that is going to happen.
Earlier in June we spent a week at Joni and Friends Family Retreat which was so much fun. Feel free to visit Junior's personal blog to read all about camp and the other things going on.
We are moving forward with a trach placement for Junior which is part of lifes craziness at the moment. Again feel free to go to his personal blog to hear more about this and why a trach is needed.
I hope to be back to posting in the near future but in the mean time here are a couple of our latest adaptions. I will post about each of these separately once time permits, I also haven't yet done separate posts about the adaptions in my earlier posts. Posts are coming it just may be a little while.
This water gun is made to be mounted on a bike but instead we used a switch arm to mount it to Junior's chair and then adapted the trigger for use with his head switch.
This year at camp Junior needed to be on his oxygen monitor constantly so we had to figure out a way to keep the machine safe and yet accessible. This is a padded ipad case with a opening cut for the cord and elastic straps added so the machine stayed in place even if the bag was open and got bumped. We also left the top partially open much of the time so we could see the monitor reading.
The bag hanging on the back of Junior's chair. It worked perfectly and made it so much easier to keep him on his monitor while out having fun at camp.
Tubie buddies, something I have shared about in the past but just had to share for fun. As Junior moves toward getting a trach we are trying to gradually help him adjust to the idea. This past week his spidey had his nasal cannula removed and got a trach. We then discussed how spidey now doesn't need that tube on his face and won't have to wear the icky bipap mask(something Junior is not a fan of) at night, also how now he doesn't have to have the cough assist mask or IPV mask on his face during treatment time. Helping him see the positives is the goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment