Sorry to be MIA for awhile. Junior had a few bumps and we ended up in the hospital with pneumonia caused by seizures(he aspirated during the seizure). Things are finally getting back to "normal" around here and Junior is feeling lots better.
Junior is very aware of the big kid/little kid thing and underpads(chux) is something he is not a fan of. Usually he just uses them at night and then it is no big deal and he never complains. But at the moment he is on antibiotics(enough said, lol) so needs them more often. This morning when I was getting him out of bed he spotted his chair with the underpad in place and got very upset. He kept looking at it and telling me "out, out, out". I tried to think of a way to deal with this and realized why not just stitch a fun patterned fabric over the top part so it looks cool and not so much like a chux. After digging through my fabric stash I found a big enough piece along with some matching bias tape and was all set. I took one of his cloth chux pads and stitched fabric just to the top. I then trimmed the cloth so it was exactly the size of the top. Then I stitched across the pads length and width in two places(up close it looks kind of like a quilt), I then stitched the bias tape around the edge. I was in a hurry to get this done so sorry no pictures of the process but I need to make a few more so will update this post with step by step pictures soon.
Here is a picture of the finished chux. Junior is very pleased but now wants then in spider-man patterns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment