Monday, May 20, 2013

Making Things a Little Less Medical

Junior has many, many pieces of medical equipment in his room(and around the house).  Lately I have been working to make things a little less medical for him.  I want it to be his bedroom not an icu room.  The medical equipment and supplies are necessary so I am working to do things to make those pieces of equipment more "kid" friendly.

He goes through several nebulizer machines a year because we use them so frequently that we burn out the motors.  When I went on my latest nebulizer search I was so pleased that there are now machines made that look like toys instead of machines.  Also these fun looking machines were no more costly then the regular machines. 
When we ordered his latest neb machine instead of the typical machine we ordered a firetruck.  It even has a working ladder and wheels.  We found it at a website called Just nebulizers and if you go to the kids section they have lots of kid friendly nebs. I also spotted a few on Amazon. 
Junior's airway vest now has a camo skin which he thinks is super cool.  If you go to the Vest website there is a "treatments your way" section with a huge selection of "skins" available.  Sadly they are not cheap but I was thrilled to get a coupon which was a huge help. 
I also made a cover for the canister for Junior's bedside suction machine.  This picture shows my test cover and I am currently working on some others in Junior's favorite camo pattern as well as some pirate material now that I have a figured out a workable pattern.

I am looking for other ways to make Junior's room a little more kid friendly and would love ideas of how you have done this for your child. 


No comments:

Post a Comment