With Valentines coming up I thought I would share a couple crafts Junior did this week. We plan to do more if things will slow down some.
First was this handprint heart tree. I saw this idea on another blog and now haven't been able to hunt down which blog to give credit.
We started out by putting a hand print at the bottom of a large piece of paper. We used a half sheet of poster board but other paper would work as well.
We then used a heart sponge to sponge paint hearts all over. We wanted to add a bit more sensory to the craft so also added foam hearts and little shiny heart stickers. We were going to do some hearts with sand but Junior was getting too sleepy.
You will need: large sheet of paper, various colored paints, heart sponge, other hearts shapes(stickers, foam, stamps,etc. optional).
Ready to put on the handprint(be sure to also get the wrist in the print for the bottom of the tree)
adding the hearts
We also made a heart painting with Junior's name. First we used contact paper and cut out his name and stuck it onto poster board. We have done this before and had no trouble pulling the contact paper off once the paint was dry but this time the paper kept sticking and tearing. I will have to look for a better tape to use for this next time. We then just got out the paint and sponges and had some fun. Hearts, hearts, everywhere.
After the paint dried we peeled off the contact paper and usually we would just leave it that way with white letters. But with all the little tears while peeling off the contact paper we had to use markers over the letters to make it look okay.
For Junior it is not Valentines unless he makes his sign language "I love you" card. We plan to get to that today or this weekend so I will be sure to share when we do.



No comments:
Post a Comment