Friday, September 28, 2012

Falling Behind Yet Again & Another "can't live without" Item

Junior has been keeping me on my toes and this blog has gotten neglected.  Between him having a large back tooth extracted last week, lots of appointments, and then being sick this week things have been crazy.  Hopefully things will get back to "normal" very soon. 

Junior grinning in his bipap mask today.  When he is sick he needs to wear it some of the day as well as at night.  The little white cloth you see under the mask would have to fall under r"can't live without" items.  They are called Remzzz and I put them under his mask(against the skin).  They prevent skin breakdown and we rarely have leaks now that we use them(something that we were constantly dealing with before).  I did discover that they work best if I put a bit of aquaphor or lotion under the cloth to hold it in place.  Junior has had no breakdown since we started using these and skin issues had been a constant issue for him with bipap.  In the picture the cloth looks like it is in his eye but the edge is curled up and it isn't in his eye at all. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! My son also uses Bipap and the same mask as your son. I've saved this page for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My son also uses Bipap and the same mask as your son. I've saved this page for future reference.

    ReplyDelete