Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

Today Junior made a couple of Christmas ornaments during his stander time. The idea came from this blog, be sure to click on over and see some of the other awesome ideas found on the blog.
These are called I Spy ornaments. Junior had a blast making them and has been playing with them all afternoon.
I thought I would share Junior making his version of the I Spy ornaments.
We started by coloring some epsons salt for our "snow". Junior wanted one ornament with green and one with blue snow.
We then poured the snow into one of the ornaments(these are plastic ornaments that I picked up at our local craft store). That is the only funnel I had and it looks huge next to the ornament.
Ready to put the "snow" in his ornament(actually colored epson salts)
I raided our craft closet and also picked up a few things at the craft store(got to love a clearance sale)
Junior then picked what he wanted to put in the snow.
Junior loved telling me what to put in next.
We did two ornaments and this one was taller and thinner. We actually liked this size better.
After adding all the items to our ornaments we glued the lids on so we could shake and play with them without the top coming off. I also wanted to be sure the top didn't come off while they were hanging on the tree.

I was having a really hard time getting a good picture of the ornaments, I kept getting a glare.
One of them on the tree, though it won't stay there. Junior likes playing with it too much.

1 comment: