I thought I would share our most recently adapted game, Toy Story.
We actually did very little to adapt this game and the adaptions that we used were very simple.
The game board for this game is a large rug. It is perfect for when Junior is on his tummy on one of his wedges.
We found that the playing pieces fell over way too easily so we attached them to some small plastic bean bags. Velcro is on the top of each bean bag as well as on the side of each playing piece.
The game spinner that we use with most Junior's games has a dice overlay which we used. Junior then uses his head switch to take his turns.
If you have a child who enjoys games but has mobility issues this game spinner is a must. We use it so very often with nearly all Junior's games. We also use it for other activities as well. Junior enjoys turning painting into a game by adding colors to the spinner. He then activates the spinner with the switch. Whichever color he gets is the one we use to paint with, he loves to see how quickly he can get me to grab new colors.
I am currently working on incorporating it into Junior's reading and math activities.


love the spinner...wondering what the make/model name is so I can check it out. I am assuming it is already switch accessable.
ReplyDelete