Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sensory Rooms/Spaces part 4

Todays sensory space comes to us from Renee and her handsome son Brennan.

Here is what Renee shared about the sensory space she uses for her son.
I got this on-line at Abilitations. It's called an Acti-Tunnel. It's half mesh, half solid material. There are 12 rings that come with it to suspend anything you like. You can purchase their acti-tunnel accessory kit separately, purchase your own sensory items for less elsewhere, or just find things around the home that you already have. It's lightweight and portable and has a lot of room to accommodate a growing child (as both ends are open), and wide enough for a sibling or friend to join in :)
It also folds away for easy storage and comes with a lightweight carrying case.

Some of the things I have hanging are: Small chime, colorful bead necklaces, New Year's knockers, soft scarf, pom-pom keychain, chime ball,
good luck fish charm, jingle bells, etc. I have a crinkly sounding mat on the floor that he's laying on too.
I've thought about hanging some lights on it too but haven't got to it yet :)

If you want to check out the ActiTunnel at Abilitations click here.

Thanks so much to Renee and Brennan for sharing their very neat sensory space with us.

2 comments:

  1. Renee that is amazing!! I love this Little Room you made.. I will have to make one like this for Emmie... great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Something like this would work great for Drew and Emmie to play together. Lots of room to actually have both of them in it--for when they outgrow their separate playpens of course :) And btw, I love the sensory space you created for the two of them, very cool :)

    ReplyDelete