Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ipad Adaption and Link

Okay so not really an ipad adaption since this is something you can buy but I thought I would post here in case someone was having the same trouble.
The sound on Junior's ipad is fine for his communication, educational, and game apps but is not always loud enough for the stories or videos.
I had some external speakers that Junior had used in the past with his cd player so I tried them out with his ipad. Perfect, now he has ipad surround sound and it is plenty loud for him to here his stories and movies. I am going to add a piece of velcro so they can each be attached to the top of his wheel chair cusion(his back cushion so right at shoulder level) of his chair if needed. For now we just propped one on each side of him.

I also wanted to share this link which was shared with me by another blogger. It is a holder which has been adapted to fit the ipad and attaches to a wheel chair. This will definitely be on our IEP request for Junior. http://rjcooper.com/

4 comments:

  1. ¡You've goy a present in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart!

    I now have a bookmark folder for all sites related to the iPad - so many coming in so fast now!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came back to share this:
    http://attips.posterous.com/ipad-case-speaker-great-when-using-ipad-as-co

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete