Thursday, August 4, 2016

School Time

School should have started this week but Junior's asthma hit hard and we have needed to put off starting school until this next week. 
We are starting a unit on space(solar system and space exploration) and I have had a great time hunting down activities and projects.  I will post some of our activities here and you are of course welcome to follow along on our regular blog.

Just for fun here are a couple of the sensory activities that are ready for Junior.  A space sensory bag and a sensory bin.  The sensory bag is the same as others we have done click here to see a post on how we make these.  This one has stars and I found a pintrest post where the person had put black paper behind it to give it the space/night sky look which was a great idea.
Secondly the space sensory bin.  I found this idea on pintrest (Galaxy Sensory Bin) and then adjusted it to meet Junior's needs.  I used a piece of "space blanket"(emergency blanket which can be found in the camping section at walmart) instead of the tin foil because I knew Junior would tear right through the tinfoil when he stiffened his arms to push them into the items. The black part you see is black beans then a set of planets as well as a space shuttle and some other "space" items we had on hand.  The planets are fairly large but for Junior that works well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment