Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles

A blogger friend recently shared a link to directions for "snake bubbles".  I knew instantly it would be a hit with Junior so we had to give them a try.  Here is the link and be sure to check out all the other awesome ideas on the blog.

These are super easy to make and the post I linked to above has excellent directions.  I will just share some pictures and give a quick description of Junior with his bubbles.

The bubble blower (cut the bottom off a water bottle, pull a sock over the end, secure in place with a rubber band or duct tape, pour some dish soap and a little water in a bowl, dip the sock end of your bottle in the soap) *remind kids to breathe in through their nose then blow into the bottle with their mouth when doing this, if not you will start to get a soap taste in  your mouth, and I doubt it is good thing to be sucking soap fumes into your lungs*
start blowing bubbles

We added a few drops of food coloring to the sock during this bubble session.  Looks very cool but makes it messy so I would recommend moving your bubble blowing outside if you add the coloring.

 
We did this a second time and this time didn't add the coloring so I didn't have to worry about whether it got on things(Junior wasn't feeling good in these pics but watching Abby blow bubbles was a great distraction for him)

 
 
We can't wait to try the bubbles outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment