Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Camping Theme

We have been trying to figure out what school unit to do over the summer now that our insect unit is done. If all goes as planned Junior, Abby, and I will be going to camp in June so we decided that a camping themed unit would be perfect. Now I need ideas. I would love any suggestions for camping activities that could be done indoors. With it being summer we will be(hopefully be) getting outside some as well but I want to be prepared with indoor activities. I will be trying to connect all his basic educational subjects to the unit theme but also with it being summer want lots of just for fun activities. Camping is actually kind of a broad theme since it can include things like the forest, animals you would find while camping, etc. etc.
So all you wonderful, creative folks out there share your ideas. Should be a fun unit and I know Junior will love it.

With Junior's asthma and large number of appointments I am again behind on posts here. I haven't even gotten up posts about our insect school unit and all the activities we did. We have some computer issues and all the "buggy" pics are on the computer that crashed. As soon as I have time I will download the pics from my camera memory cards so I can get them up. Junior loved the insect unit and did some great sensory activities.
Not sure the summer will be any less busy but I promise to get some posts up very soon.

If you have something to share please let me know. I would love to have others share their ideas, adaptions, or piece of must have equipment.

2 comments:

  1. Have you looked at the Unique Learning System. Their summer units are free again for all levels. You do need to register:
    https://unique.n2y.com/summer/Default.aspx

    Elementary level has a theme of Sunny Days and there are a few camping items within it.
    Intermediate level has a theme of A Picnic in the Park.
    Middle School has a theme of It's a Beach Party.
    High School has a theme of Summer Vacation.
    Transition Plans has a theme of Summer Employment and Recreation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a forest animal unit. I would be happy to donate it to Junior if you are interested. Let me know. mum_to_2_boys@yahoo.ca

    You can see it here on my blog.
    http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com/2011/05/forest-animal-math-center.html

    ReplyDelete