Friday, July 9, 2010

IPad For Communication

Sorry to be missing in action on this blog for awhile. Summer time has been very busy and we are trying to get outdoors as much as we can. I was planning to do a few posts today but instead woke up to a boy who has pink eye and is miserable.
So the other posts will have to wait and I will share Junior's new blog where you can follow along on his journey using the ipad as a communication device. Click here Junior's Voice to visit the very first post on the blog. There are several posts now up but that first one shares our starting point(it goes into how we are using the program for a child using eye gaze and not his hands)
We are truly blessed to have been able to get an IPAD for Junior and I am so excited to see him communicating with it.
Anyone who thinks this device is just the next big electronic "toy" has never used one. Junior is not only using it to make choices and tell me his needs but was able to talk on the phone to my mom and tell her "I love you grandma" amazing.

Here he is making a choice on his IPAD(using the proloquo2go app)
A little IPAD fun time, watching his show

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing! As both a teacher and a mother I get so many great ideas from your posts. Thank you so much for posting all your wonderful ideas. Junior is adorable too by the way :).

    I'm thinking you may already be aware but incase you aren't RJCooper is doing some work with making the iPad more assessible. Here is a link to check it out if you if you are interested: http://rjcooper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are helping me justify an Ipad!

    So cool!

    ReplyDelete